Friday, February 22, 2013

Preparations – Part 2

Did I really think this was going to be a vacation, ackk. So far it has been pretty stressful getting everything ready, plus work has been hectic as I prepare to be out of the office for a week. However, things have been coming together, just not as fast as I would like. I think I have washed just about anything that can be washed; I trimmed the horses up, and pulled their manes. I was hoping to give them a bath this evening, but not sure the weather forecast is going to be conducive to that.
 
I’ve looked at the forecast in Aiken, and it says flooding for my arrival day, terrific. However, my first full day there is supposed to be sunny and 70, yippee. Tonight will be an absolute whirlwind as I finish packing everything into the truck and trailer. I hope I’m not packing too much, but I have a feeling I’m going to end up bringing every piece of tack I own, along with every article of clothing in my closest. If you need to know just how many bags of shavings can fit in the back of a Suburban ask me.
 
The horses seem to be doing well, though the weather and lack of daylight hasn’t allowed me to ride Ianto this week as much I would have liked. I did get a day of trot sets in on Catty, which is always humorous to me. Trotting in the direction of the barn it’s like we are off in the Kentucky Derby, trotting away from the barn you would think she was dying as she crawls along.  
 
It still doesn’t seem quite real that I’m going, probably because going to Aiken is something I have wanted to do for so long. My non-horse friends seem to think this whole trip is a crazy idea, and my horsey friends think I will have a blast. I hope my horsey friends are right! 
 
Until next time, which if all goes as planned will be from Aiken!
 
My traveling companions.
 
Catty
 
Ianto

1 comment:

  1. hopefully you're there! and hopefully it was an uneventful trip!

    ReplyDelete