Thursday, February 28, 2013

Day 4 - Horses Horses Horses

Yesterday was a beautiful day here in Aiken, it was sunny and got to 60 degrees.  It was a long, tiring day, but oh so fun and horse filled.  I got to ride my two and two other horses.  It has been so good for me to get on other horses and work on my riding.  The two in addition to mine, could not be any different, one is a big, lumbering horse and the other is small and on the hotter side.  Definitely very enlightening on how best to ride various types of horses.

Catty just went on a hack yesterday after jumping two days in a row, and Ianto got to do a jump school.  Ianto is going so well, and now I'm having to relearn how to ride him a bit, as he is being bolder to the jumps.  I certainly hope this translates when we get back home.

Other than riding there are the usual barn chores, feeding, mucking, grooming, bathing, blanketing, etc.  All the usual horse things that for some reason is a vacation in my mind.  It is wonderful to have dinner in the evenings with a group and everyone is talking about horses.  I'm still not used to the fact that almost all conversations here revolve around horses.  

Today should be fun with more nice weather and an XC school for Catty and Ianto.  Hopefully they both are at their best.  

No comments:

Post a Comment